Library Strategic Plan
To be a welcoming, innovative library that inspires imagination, cultivates connections, and celebrates learning.
- We support Galloway's unique 4D approach to learning, encouraging each Galloway student's journey through daring, deliberate, and dynamic discovery.
- We believe our strength lies in teamwork and relationships.
- We are passionate about the value of books and reading for intellectual and personal growth.
- We embrace change and strive to be adventurous and fearless in serving our learning community's information needs.
- We believe that learning is fun, so the library should be a warm, welcoming place.
- We are helpful and friendly to our learning community, saying "yes" whenever possible.
- We uphold academic integrity and teach members of our learning community to be ethical users of information.
- We stand with the American Library Association in upholding our learning community's freedom to read, making available a wide diversity of views and expressions.
From VISION to REALITY
Instruction and Collaboration
- Librarians will co-teach a wide range of research and information literacy skills to all students in a variety of disciplines.
- Librarians, faculty, and tech team members will meet regularly to share what they are teaching and plan for collaborative learning projects.
- Library staff will provide excellent customer service and expert help in research skills and technology use.
Resources and Collections
- The collection will include high quality books as well as digital resources of all kinds.
- There will be a strong commitment to sharing the joy of reading.
- The collection will be well matched to teacher needs and the Galloway curriculum.
- Librarians will be proactive in building a collection that is responsive to community interests.
- The Galloway community will be made aware of the resources the library has to offer.
- Library space will inspire imagination through artwork and displays, openness to the outdoors, appealing lighting and acoustics, and access to a wonderland of technology.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Library space will celebrate learning by allowing for a variety of learning styles and by providing authentic opportunities for inquiry and project-based learning.
- The Galloway community will explore new ways of using Galloway's spaces to achieve the above goals.