Middle Learning Guidance Counseling
At The Galloway School, the social-emotional health of our student body is a top priority. Each level (Early Learning, Middle Learning and Upper Learning) has a full-time counselor dedicated to addressing the needs of its students, parents, and faculty. In addition, counselors work to build school-wide awareness regarding social justice, service learning, and creating a culture of safety and tolerance.
For Our Students
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
For Our Parents
In addition to meeting with parents about their individual children or families, counselors develop parent education programming regarding topics that are developmentally appropriate to the age of the students. Parent education works to build a set of common values and foster a sense of community among Galloway parents.
For Our Faculty & Staff
Counselors are integral members of the leadership team at each level and provide on-going consultation and support to faculty regarding student needs. In addition, counselors offer information about mental health and social development that enrich the faculty's ability to best support their students.
Middle Learning Counseling Services
- Available for consultation as needed for parents, students and teachers.
- Provides mindfulness skills practice in the classroom environment for 5th and 6th grade students.
- Teaches electives for 7th and 8th grade students.
- Plans Parent Education events for Middle Learning parents.
- Collaborates with community providers.
- Sponsors student initiated clubs.
- Plans the advisory and homeroom activities.
- Advises, plans, and teaches the puberty and sex ed curriculum.